Saturday, October 25, 2008

Week 12 Day 3

In order to save time I worked out at the local town hall. It is where I run in the winter because they have a nice indoor track.
Unfortunately they only have machines and a smith. So I did my squats and bench presses in the smith and I used a funky curl bar for rows and a proper roman chair for the dips - that was interesting. I have been using two chairs to dip in the middle of.

Age 35
5'7"
186
11.7% BF

Workout A

Front Squats: 45x2 / 95x5 / 115x5 / 135x5

145: 5/5/5/5/5

Much easier than the real deal, I see why we should stay away from these.

Bench Press: 45x10 / 135x5

160: 5/5/5/5/5

Row:

155: 5/5/5/5/5

Dips:

10/5/2

Overall it was a good experience. I got to workout, and I would not have been able to otherwise. So big score on my part. The other part that was cool was it was my first time in a gym, with other people around. There were some young kids and I could see that they were a bit taken aback by my squats. Then when I did rows I got a lot of respectful nods.

There was a young woman in the gym doing weighted split squats. She was attractive. But more to the point she had a training log, as did I. I thought it was cool because there were a bunch of kids in there doing dumbbell curls and whatnot, but the two elders were doing squats and other compound exercises and keeping a log. I felt good. Plus it was the first time I saw myself in the mirror during a workout. During my rests, I would catch a glimpse of myself, and for the first time I actually think I look good. My wife has admitted to being more attracted to me than ever before, or at least since we first got together. She proved that to me last night - I am still smiling!

My diet has strayed from the strict code, I have been a little heavy on the carbs and diet colas. My stats are staying in range, but mentally I am not happy about it. I think I am just going through a phase. It has been a real challenge keeping my schedule straight. Since the Nanny started, I have actually had less time to get the job done than before. Plus I am out of town nearly every weekend, which makes my diet hard to keep up and my sleeping is out of whack. We often come home super late on Sunday. This means I missed my Sunday WO, monday I am too tired, Tuesday I work out, but I have to get up at 4am. Thursday is hit or miss because it is impossible for me to get to bed by 9 on Wednesday night. Anyway - I'll get through it, it is just going to take some dedication like before. I have to make it known that my workouts are non-negotiable. For example the other day Kelly was on me about getting home at a certain time, and I pretty much stated that I would be home after I ran and that I WAS NOT missing my run. When I make it that plain, there is no room for argument.

Enough of my rambling.

Cheers,

Scott

No comments: