Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Love Handles Eviction Notice

Intro to Fitz - My Story (abridged)

41 Years
5'7"
196lbs
18.5% Body Fat (90% of which is my belly and love handles)

I started getting into fitness and nutrition in 2008. I have had a roller coaster of health since then, but not due to any factor other than my own brain.

March 2008


Pics from my first journey - I actually stopped my fitness routine when I was laid off from work in Dec of 2010. That is when I began my decline.

Nov 2008
Starting drinking more, eating crap. I was losing faith in everything - things were bad. I managed some ups but remained mostly down until Spring of 2013. That is when I first started listening to Podcasts from the Primal/Paleo community. It inspired me to get back to it. Thanks Abel James, Mark Sisson, Dave Asprey, Robb Wolf and Jimmy Moore.

I did some radical things and lost about 30 lbs. Started lifting again and maybe had a relapse of the bad stuff during the holidays.

So I started up again:

May 19, 2014


This is Monday, May 19, 2014.
197lbs
18.5% body fat. (I used an acu-measure and did the 7 point skin fold test)

Now - I am trying the 30 day Steak and Eggs keto-ish diet (I added kale and sometimes mushrooms)

I lift 2x week - heavy back squats/ bench / over head press / reads (basically Stronglifts 5x5, which is a modified 'Starting Strength' program)

I sprint now, twice per week. I still do some jogging (or yogging with the soft J) but mostly intervals.
I also do this little 7 minute body weight workout that is on an iPhone app. It's a pretty good workout.

I will post my progress here. Body measurements weekly and photos too (sorry :).

Once the 30 days is done. I will continue an 80-85% primal eating strategy.

I WANT MY LOVE HANDLES GONE. I HAVE HAD THEM SINCE I WAS 10 years old!!!!!!

No comments: