Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What is the right Physique?

This morning was as annoying as a morning could be. My usual routine on a lifting day consists of:

  • Up at 4:30
  • Getting ready
  • Glass of water
  • stretches
  • GO GO GO
  • Whey Shake with water
  • Getting the family ready for the day
Today was a bit different because I had to take my 2 week progress photo and get a body fat % reading.

My reading was 24.5% - down only .5%  - Kelly was not impressed. Her skepticism and general attitude is a real downer. She only sort of supports me as long as she agrees with the methods. If she thinks I am eating too much - never mind if it is totally clean food - or if she feels I am not getting cardio, then she lectures me and complains that she doesn't notice any changes in me.

Well - I am sick of it!!!! Screw her - I am going to do what I think is right, then rub it in her face when she finally notices something. My big problem is this Goddamn gut and love handles. They will not budge.

Anyway - the real reason for this post: what physique is the right one?

I went to John Stone Fitness (http://www.johnstonefitness.com) and his blog is a real motivator. But there is a period of time where he gets to looking good, then he just looks gross. I think he needs some body fat. He is too damn lean - so he looks like a doctor's model of the human musculo-skeletal system. I would be happy with bigger arms, chest and shoulders - a nice strong back and NO gut or love handles. Not much to ask, right?

Well, if by week 12 there is little change, I am doing something wrong.

Keeping the faith!
Scott


2 comments:

Danambro8 said...

Good post, and thanks for motivating me to start my own blog. Keep up the good work, results will come.

Scott Fitzgerald said...

Thanks for checking out mine. Drop me a link and I will subscribe and track your progress...motivation is the KEY!