Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thoughts from my GUT!

So my wife calls me while I am driving home and expresses her desire for chinese food. I have been putting this off for ages for obvious reasons. So I stop, order the food and decide that I am going to treat myself....to the worst item on the menu! FRIED WONTONS!!!! 670 calories with 40 grams of FAT FAT FAT! Dear lord! I used to eat the whole bag, eat pork fried rice and lo mein, drink a beer or two, have some saki!!!!

I used to consume about 1500-1800 calories in one meal....and with that alcohol in that mean, that means the majority of the fat I consumed went right to my gut!

I felt like I was Sickboy in Trainspotting (Movie about heroin addiction). I was clean for so long, but that old friend came to town and wanted to party...

My mouth was happy, but the rest of me was really pissed off. For us guys it was like one night stand remorse. "Wow, she looked better in the bar". My digestive tract is now on strike and all I have to show for it is a tough day ahead of me tonight and tomorrow.

For anyone who has ever cheated on a diet, this is nothing. I feel like I have cheated on my wife for goodness sake - and it was a dumpy greasy pig, not a heavy squattin' deadlifting hottie!

Moral of the story: eat the chicken with brown rice and broccoli and fantasize about the fried wontons, your ass will thank you for it (or gut for that matter).

No comments: