Saturday, September 20, 2008

Week 10! Day 3 - Or Lack Thereof...

So - it is bad when my training log is midway down the second page in the training logs section of stronglifts. That means I am slacking. So here is how my last few days went:

Wednesday was OK - though we had a staff meeting with breakfast pizza. I factored this into my diet so that I could partake in that culinary trainwreck that tastes so nice. Then, I get home and Kelly wants a plate. For those of you who are no familiar, this is called a garbage or trash plate, popular in this part of the country. It is a burger, home fries and beans (or mac salad) with a beef hot sauce. Well, I had a few tater tots (we were out of home fries proper) and some baked beans with my chicken breast. I managed to run for 30 minutes, so all in all the day was OK, my ratios were off, but my calories worked and I was OK.

We just had to drastically change our kids' daycare situations, now we have a hot young chick coming to the house everyday, darn :). But seriously - the baby was hurt at her daycare so we pulled her (it wasn't handled properly and this was a long time coming). Long and short, Kelly took the rest of the week off to deal with this - this makes my schedule all crappy. I couldn't get to sleep early enough wednesday night, so I couldn't get up at 4on my lifting day (Thurs). This through me off. Couldn't run at night either - Kelly was complaining about me having to run everyday. What I did, actually - was try to work out, but I had a pain in my neck and shoulder when I went down on my squats. I figured I would rest another day. That was that, there will be no day 3 for week 10.

Also, I didn't prepare any food in advance, so Friday came and I had nothing. I had an early shoot which lasted until 2, so I had to eat the food they provided on location - chicken salad wraps. I had 1 1/2, THEN, I couldn't eat for a long while and Kelly can never decide, so I made chicken. By the time I ate, I had 2 glasses of wine and two beers. I ate chicken and tater tots (kelly is a tot-junky) and then went crazy on a piece of cake from my mother-in-laws birthday and 5 organic vanilla cream cookies with milk!

I pigged out!!!! I was the old Scott, back in the flesh! I figured it all out and must have consumed over 4000 calories yesterday!!!!

This was supposed to be one of my 2240 cal days on my zig zag method. I won't even bother to go over my macronutrients.

I have this really bad problem in my psyche, I think that if I have one or two "bad" days I will wake up and be 215lbs again. It really bothers me and I get so frustrated when I cannot just DO what I need to do. When you have three small kids it is so hard to make up the time when you deviate from your schedule.

Next week will be better - as long as I can stop this trend and hunker down and do it right. As punishment, I am not taking a break until after week 13.

Scott

No comments: